Work experience and Mentorship Programme
(includes English language support)
If you are looking for a “real world” business experience combined with accelerating your learning while immersing yourself in the English language and the vocabulary of the world of work…..
CONTACT US NOW FOR THE EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME.
This programme is an excellent opportunity to gain experience of the world of work and business. You will work closely with us to ensure you rapidly increase your level of spoken English. It is a great chance to add valuable work experience to your resume and take you a giant step closer to attaining your professional goals.
THIS PROGRAMME INCLUDES
FREE TRANSPORT TO AND FROM LIVERPOOL JOHN LENNON AIRPORT
FREE TOUR OF THE CITY AND OUR NEIGHBOURHOOD BY CAR
FREE WEEKLY TRAIN PASS
ACCOMMODATION INCLUDING BREAKFAST AND EVENING MEAL
15 HOURS PER WEEK OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE SUPPORT – INCLUDES PROJECT WORK AND BUSINESS TASKS
DAILY MENTORING – SUPPORT – ADVICE – GUIDANCE
EXTENSIVE JOB PREPARATION TRAINING AND A PROFESSIONALLY WRITTEN CV / RESUME.
ASSISTANCE FINDING PART-TIME PAID EMPLOYMENT
YOU WILL RECEIVE A DETAILED WORK REFERENCE FROM HOPE HIGHLIGHTING ALL THE TASKS YOU HAVE PERFORMED AND SPECIFYING YOUR ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROGRESS DURING THE COURSE.
THIS PROGRAMME IS INVALUABLE FOR YOUR FUTURE CAREER PROSPECTS AND GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY – £200 per week
SOME OF THE TASKS YOU MAY BE TRAINED TO DO INCLUDE:
- Translating e-mails, documents, website upgrades…
- Internet marketing using google ads and facebook promotions.
- Liaise with prospective students and deal with their enquiries.
- Website translations and updates.
- Inductions for new students.
- Updating facebook accounts and producing quality posts.
- Increasing your knowledge of Liverpool regarding accommodation, transport, tourism, hospitality, jobs and the business sector.
- Updating our “What’s on in Liverpool guide”.
- Liaising with overseas contacts and associates via e-mail and skype.
- Maintaining your own reflective diary / video of your experience in Liverpool.
- Scripting, planning and making videos to promote tourism and our business.
- Organising and supporting our International Conversation Support Group.
- Various administration tasks us a range of IT software.
An integral component of the work experience programme is focusses on preparing you for the world of work or your next career move. This includes:
- Resume build / Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Effective job search skills.
- Job application forms and cover letters.
- Preparing for interviews.
- Interview techniques and mock interviews.
- Presentation techniques.
- Telephone skills.
- Reception skills.
- E-mail, word, excel, power point.
- Marketing yourself effectively.
- English in the workplace.
- Workplace health and safety.
PART- TIME WORK
There is no limit to the length of stay on this programme. Many trainees join us but also want to find paid part-time work to help them support themselves financially during their stay. Some programme members move onto long term employment in Liverpool or the UK. We can help you with finding work and understanding the system in the UK. However, we do not guarantee a job with us or any other organisation.
Necessary requirements to join the work experience programme.
Your level of spoken English is not as important as your commitment and motivation to improving your English communication skills and business knowledge in a fun, friendly and supportive environment
Join us and take a giant step in advancing your English skills and career prospects.
HOUSE OF PROFESSIONAL ENGLISH – HOPE